We are so thankful that you are wanting to donate your time to help us serve our community of homeless and at-risk youth.
Due to COVID-19 we are currently implementing safety measures to maintain social distancing and comply with capacity restrictions for the safety of our volunteers, staff, shoppers and clients. In the past volunteers were able to come anytime but at this time we are limiting volunteers to 2 people per shift on a reduced amount of days until further notice and only via a sign up genius link here https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0D4CABAC22A5FEC61-volunteer. Please only sign up one person per slot and not as a team for a maximum of 2 people per 2 hour shift. You will be required to wear a mask, social distance and use hand sanitizer during your shift. You are encouraged to bring your own supplies like masks, gloves, water and snacks as these are very limited onsite. Children younger than 16 years old need to be accompanied by an adult.
Please complete the volunteer application/waiver on arrival for each person if you have not completed one before and sign the volunteer log with your hours. For verification of hours please email email@example.com. Volunteer jobs available at the resale boutique are: sorting, hanging and tagging donated items, painting small areas, re-purposing furniture, assisting clients with clothing, toiletries, food and school supplies, organizing the boutique, light cleaning, gardening and organizing the food pantry. You are welcome to bring any food items to restock the food pantry or new packages of socks and underwear when you volunteer as these are always needed.
Volunteer Location is Stepping Stones Foundation Resale Boutique – 139 E. Taylor St, Keller (Cnr Elm & Taylor Sts). Parking available in Taylor St.
Winter and Summer Clothing Giveaways
- Escort a child shopping and choose clothing, shoes and toiletries
- hold your own donation drives to collect deodorant, razors, toothpaste, toothbrushes, new underwear and socks
- Sorting, gift wrapping and distribution of gifts and food baskets
- Sponsor a child/family and purchase their Christmas gifts
- Assist with planning, setup, check in, auction, raffle or just be a guest
- Help sort clothing, home decor and furniture
- Assist the boutique sales volunteer with customers, donations and clients (especially on Saturdays)
- Stain Chairs and furniture, paint, and stamp books
Pickup small and large furniture donations
- When we have child or family that needs assistance with a place to live. Stepping Stones provides furniture, beds and large items, individuals or groups sponor a room in the house to decordate with bedding, pictures, home decor, fill the fridge or freezer to make the house a home.
- (Background Check Required) – take on the role of guidance and assistance for a child like you would your own child. Meet them for lunch, help with tutoring or take them to an appointment and be “that someone” who could break the cycle and change the course of their lives.